Friday, September 14, 2007

Fish food for thought



Wow...is all I can say. Over the last month, I've been doing my very best to keep on top of things -homework, getting to work on time, getting myself to and from Dr's appointments, keeping up on bills (and I have a lot), keeping up on my class notes blog, getting myself out of bed to run/swim/bike every morning, somehow finding enough food to sustain this lifestyle, living without a wallet for a week, and proving to myself lessons that I thought I had already learned. Needless to say that when my month started to come to an end, I just about tried to reck it all and the people who let me suffer next to them were suddenly suffering right along with me. This happens from time to time when I feel too lucky. The lesson I relearned, and is subsequently in one of my recent blogs is: usually, we don't have enough information about a situation to be angry in the first place. All I can say is that sometimes when man and goldfish speak, the translation can be rough. Gotta slow down. Gotta take the time to reconnect and retranslate. And even if this is not the best of all possible worlds, it's gotta be pretty damn close...because what could have been destroyed is now strengthened, what could have been a loss is now a new discovery, and what Chris thought was psycho was just PMS. Maybe I'll take Lance up on the opportunity presented to me to become a route setter. It might just keep me sane while I'm swimming my little goldfish heart out. Forgive me and thank you for sticking by me.

No comments: