Thursday, June 4, 2009

Passionate Hate vs. Uncompromising Love


Fills my eyes and I almost forget the other exists
Nothing but that moment on my tongue
That feeling- deep, eternal
My heart beats as if paving its way out

Hate: Looking for a way to escape Love: Looking for a way to bronze the ephemeral

Makes my body feel very real
Makes my mind stop functioning correctly
Eat nothing
Feel everything
Stomach full of Hate: daggers Love: butterflies

I want to say "Choose me"
I want to say "Never again"
I need to say "Fine"
I need to feel fine first

A great friend told me that she just wanted to feel...this. Whatever this was, whether it was love or lust or hatred or fear or anger, hurt, Joy, Godliness. For that moment, letting her truth guide her. For that moment, making her own decision that maybe by feeling it she could understand it.

As if not trusted to make the decision, neither are permitted
By one comes anger and rage and disappointment and hurt
by the other comes embarrassment and fear and misunderstanding

Neither do I win.

No comments: