Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The things I'm most proud of....



Today, I was explaining to someone that I would be back in an hour after swimming. They replied with something like "wow, you're very active, running, yoga, swimming"...and I thought, That's not the half of it. I thought back to the life list I wrote and realized that the things I'm most proud of accomplishing are nowhere on that list...all of the physical activities I've tried/done/failed at/won medals in...





Have done once (so far):


1.Tennis


2. Cross country skiing


3. croquet


4. Samba (it's actually pretty hard)


5. Volley ball (was trying out for the team and didn't even know it)


6. Soccer (just remembered that I put on a soccer camp for kids as a girl scout)


7. Roller blading


8. Shooting (if you consider that a sport)


9. Frisbee golf


10. Mountain biking


11. Hula dance (I took a lesson with my mom while she was taking them-did it for talent show in middle school)

12. Sky Diving! I just knew I would forget something...





Have done a few times (so far):


1. Archery


2. Horse back riding


3. Flag football/ultimate frisbee (boo)


4. Ice skating


5. Roller skating (quite often as a child)


6. Downhill skiing (took it up last year and got to go again this season)


7. Olympic lifting (I was so sore, it was so fun)


8. Square dancing (actually, I did it for years growing up-favorite back then)





Have done several times/years:


1. Cheerleading (middle school and high school)


2. Belly dancing


3. Modern dance (I danced at Rodey and on a platform in the middle of a corn maze)


4. African Dance


5. Irish step dancing (performed at a wedding, talent show at Sandia, Irish venues, and have won several medals for it)


6. Swing dance (one of my favs.)


7. Climbing


8. Swimming (only in association with tris, longest-1500m)


9. Biking (tris and several races-one silver medal in the Gila, longest-65 miles, commuting, and for years as a child)


10. Running (tris and several 5ks and one 10k and a relay at the Duke City Marathon which I used to volunteer for at the water stations)


11. Gymnastics (though I loved it, it is my failure...my weakness)


12. Judo


13. Yoga


14. Pilates


15. Body Sculpting (a class I teach at CNM and Stone Age)


16. Triathlons (I've done six so far and plan on more, it started out as a fulfilled curiosity)


17. Hiking (though I kind of hate it)





Have never in my life done but look like I can/have been asked if I do:


1. Ballet





Things I dream of doing some day:


1. Aerial silks (yes, I've long dreamed of running away with the circus)


2. Marathon


3. Multi-pitch climbing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never told me you were an Irish dancer! My daughter's recital is tomorrow night... she's practicing the 4-hand reel and hornpipe right now...

Kristen Martinez said...

Oh, that's awesome! Good luck, Liam's Daughter!

Anonymous said...

You forgot skydiving : )

Kristen Martinez said...

Sh*t, you're right! Addition!