Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Many More Unexpected Gifts


This New Year's was even more different than this Christmas was. Much more fun than many of the ones before it and I got to spend it with some of my favorite people. And we didn't call it New Years....We called it NewChristYearMasNes because well, this was our Christmas/New Years with the girls. And boy was it packed with some unexpected pleasures.

Some of them were unexpected because of what has been expected in the past. Chris was ultra stressed on NewChristMasYearNess Eve expecting that he wouldn't have nearly enough presents for everyone. Well, not only were there enough, we went late in the day opening them and it seemed that (present company included) everyone got what they wanted. Ski lessons...rock.

Some of them were gifts that I didn't think I would get. A really warm cozy blanket that I had been eyeing from Cass, my golden luck cat with a moving arm, and a toothpick bird. It was so awesome.

Some were filled with old memories and tears. Kate sent the girls some awesome presents including pjs and itunes credits and a few other little things prefaced with cards telling them how much she loved them. Terra couldn't keep it together. And I don't blame her.

Some of them were beautiful because I'm finally a part of the crowd. Chris's Mom and Dad got me some really pretty opal earrings.

Some of them were wholly unexpected and will bring about change in the new year. The whole thing was set up creatively and in a way that was really sweet. Between two cards I found that I was receiving a dresser for Chris's home and that I was invited to stay as a resident. Today I gave Racheal my month's notice.

No comments: