Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My first day of school


Memories...I don't remember my first day of school. But last night was my first day.....back...in school. It's been over two years now that I earned my degree from UNM. Now it's back to CNM to actually make something of myself :). So if you read my first blog, you'll see that I've set up quite a schedule for myself. Yesterday started at 5:20am like I planned and most of it went exactly, if not better than I had expected. However, somehow I managed to forget one small, tiny, eensy-weensy thing.......food. From lunch yesterday (Saturday's left over pizza from the company luncheon) to dinner (a bag of cashews and raisins) to this morning (swimming and theoretical pilates) without food...well, my class was canceled this morning so I went to Winnings for a 3 seed breakfast bagel sandwich, but not every morning will be so laid back. And now after a little shopping the company freezer looks like my freezer with enough breakfast and lunch for six days. Just as the bottom of my desk looks like a shoe closet...because it is. I was in so much pain last night from lugging my backpack from work to school...there just isn't enough room in my little backpack for everything. On another note, school was fabulous. I've done my homework already (due Sep. 10th), and already read half the required reading, and I like Kreb's Cycle. Still nervous but off to a good start getting there early, sitting in front, turning off my cell phone, taking notes because I mean it, and getting to know the professor. Ontop of that, yesterday was my second day of training for the 10k. We cut about 2 min. off my previous time-it's amazing what we can do with a little external motivation. Speaking of...Angela and I had a good time working our butts off with a little casual training at the gym late last night and some calming swim time this morning before "class." I like to get there early to impress the teacher, not get there instead of the teacher. Lame. So all in all I'm doing well. And even if I weren't, I probably wouldn't let you know. I want this so badly that I'm willing to sacrifice myself to it fully, to sculpt myself out of this hunk of marble. Such potential. :)

No comments: