Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh yeah, the Triathlon

So, I will get pictures up soon. My favorite is the one of me smiling while putting on my wetsuit. Yeah, that's cause it was almost on. Believe me, I'll never do it again. People have been asking me for about a month (and still today) when my triathlon is going to happen. Starting today, I told them it was last weekend. Their next question is "oh, how did it go?" What an odd question standing on this end of it. I hear it, I know it sounds like a legitimate question to them...but somehow I haven't been able to come up with a response that I like. I have come to peace with saying "It was awesome, very fun, great course, beautiful weather." But I'm screaming from deep inside, it's like asking me what the Tao is. Lao Tzu took eighty some chapters to begin to touch upon it. Anyone who has done a triathlon will know what I mean...it's nothing like anything else I've ever done. I can hardly explain it to myself. The only real indication that I'm not lying that it was "awesome, fun, etc. etc." is that I'm doing it again. And as much as possible from now until forever. One of the best parts was watching the 80 and older racers spring up to the front to receive their prizes. And in opposition to the last blog...triathlons, among other certain people/things, are the beginnings of my true happiness. I got a text from Angela, one of two others I trained for this with, a few days after the race saying "I feel lost without training." I had been feeling the exact same way...that's when I knew for sure. Hell yeah!

No comments: