Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Happiest Goth

I thought for a while about posting a list of things I hate, things that I can't stand, things that piss me off so greatly...but that list would be way too long for this blog. Sorry, instead you get:
10 THINGS THAT MAKE KRISTEN HAPPY TO THE POINT OF GIDDY



1. Bunnies

Any time I'm unimaginably sad about whatever, I google bunnies. O M G. I pretty much explode into joyous giggles every time I do this. Even now I have a stupid grin plastered to my face. Works every time.














2. School

I know I've said some things...things I regret...but things are different now. I've changed. Take me back baby....I love you school.



It doesn't matter that the classes are 5 hours long, or that I have to be there on Saturday morning, or that I pay rent at two different places to make it, or that I have to commute across the city by bus and walk to get there, or that the temperature in the classroom is always wrong...I always want to be there. I love every minute of it. With every test and quiz and homework I study for, turn in, and get back I think about what I'm working towards. And that makes me unequivocally happy.


3. Music- usually the hard core kind


Huxley was right when he said that "Next to silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Now, I don't really care what kind of music he actually meant, because it doesn't matter. Music has always been the one I've turned to. The self expression, the need to be part of something bigger, the lyrics mixing with the sounds, it's overwhelmingly therapeutic.







One of my favorite songs is probably the most disturbing I've ever heard, but if I turn it down low or listen to it on a crowded bus with headphones, it sends shivers down my spine and I feel at home. Sometimes it's what gets me through the day.

The sweet hard painful lullabies softly screamed into my ear satiate the tortured beast that lives in me. What can I do, I've got Irish blood.

4. Burgundy


She is the best dog I've ever met. Ever. Hands down. I'll never love another sentient being with four legs and a waggy tail as much as I love Burg. She has been trained by the best, loved by the best, and it shows. Half the time I'm at my parent's house I'm hanging out with my family. The other half is spent rubbing da tummy, playing tug of war, running around, being lick attacked, and saying crap like "oh my goodness who's da cutest, yur da cutest, yur so cute, look at 'er face." Yes, even I, the self proclaimed dog hater will let my IQ fall and roll around on the floor with Burg. I got her while canvassing for PIRG one day and yadayadayada she ended up with my parents. They were going to give her away and then they fell in love with her. And who wouldn't? Wook at dat face.
5. Laughter



Whether it's making people laugh, or watching youtube videos with my boss, or bullshiting with my brother, I love laughing. http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=126501&fr=yvmtf
This is a yahoo video called Awkward Rick goes to the Air Show.
When I found this and watched it, I literally laughed spontaneously for about a week. I cried during the last part of it, I found it so amazingly funny.


6. Morning Star Meatless Buffalo Wings


Okay, I could eat these (and I have) every day for lunch and they would still be my favorite lunch food. I don't know why. I can't explain it. I'm not even vegetarian. My guess is it's that I've always loved chicken nuggets that "don't taste too much like chicken." These don't taste like chicken...they taste like crunchy breading bits and hot sauce. I wish I had some right now. They would make me so happy.

7. Exercise related euphoria
Need I say more? I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the hormones.

8. Sex




I knew this picture would come in handy. Up until recently, though I've always talked like a sailor, I've never thought of sex as something that I would ever really enjoy. Aside from it being good for you physically, it can do so much for your psyche. This is one I won't go into detail about. Not only to spare you, but to preserve that sense of intimacy.



9. Sleeping in



This happens on such a rare occasion that when it does happen, it's a real treat. Having a day off is nearly unheard of and is even more of a treat. The last time I had a day off of work, I went in to work anyway because they had scheduled me during my triathlon. I love big fluffy pillows and big fluffy blankets and making a hot breakfast before I start the push all over again. I could go for some sleeping in right now.
10. I'm going to have to cop out and give this one a little thought. So many things come to mind:
chocolate, reality tv, giving, reciprocal relationships, sharing, praise, hotel rooms, swimming pools, being naked, black, accomplishing goals, being independant, traveling, spending time with people I love, etc. I just don't know. But these are the stuff of life. They are things I almost expect from life. They should make me happy.
While proofreading this blog, I've smiled every single time I've gone back over it. These things make me who I am. It just makes me wonder what makes my friends this happy.




No comments: