Monday, May 12, 2008

Self Help Awareness Week

My life has changed a lot in the past couple of weeks. Change comes faster and faster each day. I feel like I'm sheding that cocoon to take on another form. We are all in a process. We are always learning, creating, going somewhere. The thing most people forget is that it's up to you. I sometimes forget that the changes that are happening now are the result of some big decisions and a lot of hard work after that. There is more hard work, I'm welcoming it, to come from here on out.

I put in my two weeks notice at Mercedes Benz. Life feels odd once you know that the burden will be lifted. I'm really looking forward to making the change and working for CNM's fitness program. I'm grateful to be given the opportunaty to do this job. I just can't believe it.

My week vacation spent in North Carolina couldn't have been more perfect and came at the perfect time. It was my first real vacation...ever. And definately my first from MB. You don't have a clue how stress ruins your ability to live fully until you get out from under it to see a much nicer, calmer, more beautiful world. Jessica, you had a lot to do with this vacation going so well. I miss you already and I hope the rest of your time spent at Duke (and in NC) is all that you want it to be. Thank you for my stress free week.

And the week started as soon as I got back. Thanks to everyone who understood that their special day was only 1/3 of a day. Thanks to everyone who re-adjusted their schedules to suit mine. Second interview today for an internship with Sports and Wellness. Interview tomorrow to run a little jumper class for toddlers and their parents.

All I'm saying is that if you want it, you can have it. I'm saying that if you need a change, change it. It's definately easier said than done, but not impossible. Just remember that what you are experiencing now is a direct result of your work in the past (and present). Think about the things you do today and how "future you" will feel about what you are doing. Don't miss out on life.

I feel good about some things, great about others, like hell about still more, and very in love. For right now, I feel secure in what I do know, what I am, and that change is inevitable. I just have to influence it in the right direction. For the first time in my life I have a direction. I chose it.

No comments: